Saturday, March 29, 2008

Top 40 Songs This Week.....


This week's countdown focused on the top 40 songs from this week in 1983. When I heard it was 83, I thought it would be a decent countdown. I was wrong, this countdown was a little shabby. Styx takes the top prize for me this week. Here are the songs:

40. I Won't Hold You Back............Toto
39. Take the Short Way Home............Dionne Warwick
38. Even Now...........Bob Seger
37. Winds of Change.............Jefferson Starshit
36. Change of Heart.............Tom Petty
35. Allentown..........Billy Joel
34. Little Red Corvette............Prince
33. Lies.............Thompson Twins
32. I Like It..........DeBarge
31. Fall In Love With Me...........Earth Wind & Fire
30. It Might Be You...........Stephen Bishop
29. Make Love Stay..........Dan Fogelberg
28. Poison Arrow..........ABC
27. You and I...........Eddie Rabbit/Crystal Gayle
26. Goody Two Shoes..........Adam Ant
25. My Kind of Lady..........Supertramp
24. Africa...........Toto
23. Pass the Dutchie..........Musical Youth
22. Beat It............Michael Jackson
21. Breaking Us In Two............Joe Jackson
20. Twilight Zone...........Golden Earring
19. I've Got a Rock N Roll Heart.............Eric Clapton
18. Der Kommissar..........After the Fire
17. All Right..........Christopher Cross
16. Baby, Come to Me............Patti Austin/James Ingram
15. I Know There's Something Going On.........Frida
14. Shame on the Moon...........Bob Seger
13. Jeopardy...........Greg Kihn Band
12. Down Under..........Men at Work
11. We've Got Tonight...........Kenny Rogers/Sheena Easton
10. Seperate Ways..........Journey
9. Come On Eileen...........Dexy's Midnight Runners
8. Mr. Roboto...........Styx
7. One on One...........Hall and Oates
6. Stray Cat Strut...........Stray Cats
5. Back on the Chain Gang............The Pretenders
4. Hungry Like the Wolf...........Duran Duran(I wonder if they feuded then?)
3. You Are...........Lionel Richie
2. Do You Really Want to Hurt Me.............Culture Club
1. Billie Jean............Michael Jackson

1 comment:

Valeri said...

Hey, I don't need the smart ass Duran comment! Haven't I had a bad enough week??????