Sunday, September 30, 2007

America the Beautiful: Top 10 most beautiful places


The Today Show did a 10 week series on America the Beautiful by picking different places of beauty. I can agree with most of them, but c'mon, where is Mount Rushmore? How would they put in Amber waves of grain from North Dakota and totally skip over Mount Rushmore?

We had the opportunity to visit 6 of these places and the only place that shouldn't be on this list of those 6 is Charleston, SC. It is nice and all, but there are so many more beautiful places in America to see.

I will compile my list and do my top 10 here soon. Be sure to check back and see what I think is America the Beautiful. I suppose you can guess my top place.

1. Grand Canyon
2. The Gulf Coast
3. Yellowstone National Park
4. Hawaii
5. Pacific Coast Highway
6. 'Amber waves of grain'
7. America's historic ballparks
8. Arlington National cemetary
9. Charleston, S.C.
10. Niagra Falls

1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Ok... I have been to the outskirts of Grand Canyon... as for the Gulf Coast... I fell in love with the Biloxi area (haven't been back since Hurricane Katrina but now have flights going there)... Yellowstone (want to go there one day)... Hawaii (that was awesome)... the only 'ballpark' I have been to is Fenway when we went on the tour of there... still want to go to 'Field of Dreams' in Dyersville, Iowa (gotta LOVE that movie)... Arlington National Cemetary was very interesting and would go again... oh... I loved Mt Rushmore... went there on my honeymoon - we had always wanted to see it... it is awe inspiring and Custer State Park is so nice... loved SD...